Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Holiday Break

Hello All! It's been a while since I have updated my blog- but I don't know if anything blog worthy has happened in a while! (Or things that I would want my family to read...) I survived midterms and my first two papers. The grading scale is much different from the states as it goes: High Distinction (HD) Distinction (D) Credit (C) Pass (P) and Fail (F) I never thought I would be so excited to see a D+ marking on my paper!

Holiday break started this past Monday. I've learned it is very necessary to go somewhere over breaks as all is very quiet in the village. Although I have 4 papers to write, I can't seem to get the motivation to begin writing them. The weather has been gorgeous and it seems like a crime to hole up in my room when I could be outdoors enjoying what's left of the nice Fall weather.

I have some exciting travel plans coming up. During my semester break in July, my flatmate and I are planning on going to Bali for a few weeks for some sun and relaxation. I'm very excited to travel to another new country and experience their culture! In September, a friend of mine will be studying abroad in Fiji so my plan is to go visit him during our mid semester break.

Between my studying and nights of going out, I have been on the job hunt. I've learned that it is not easy competing with the many other uni students looking for jobs. Keep your fingers crossed that something works out soon!

Our latest theme at the college bar was superhero night- never before have I seen so much spandex. From Avatar to a Transformer- every superhero was there. I borrowed a costume from my flatmate and went as superman- I even had a cape! Here are a few photos from the night:



Last weekend I attended my first ever music festival. And I discovered festivals are not my thing. Lots of crowds and standing around in tight spaces (I sound like my mother...) It was a good experience but I'll save my money for something else!

Ally, Sharan, and I at the music festival


Next week Tawnya, my cousin is coming to Sydney again with some of her friends. I'm excited to see her do some typical Sydney tourism things.

No comments:

Post a Comment